Dan Mitchell retired from the De Anza College faculty at the end of the spring term in June 2017. If you are a student, community member, or other person looking for information about the college and its music program, check the class schedules at the De Anza College website or contact one of the current music faculty members — see the Music Department website for more information.
As a faculty member I read a lot of student writing, and I know how challenging college-level writing can be for many students. While I don’t teach writing classes, I believe that every class you take provides an opportunity to refine and perfect your written communication skills. From time to time I share posts about writing. The following is a list of some of these posts.
- How to Refer to Performers?
- Improve Your Writing
- Observations About Writing Quality
- Observations While Reading Concert Reports
- Page Breaks
- “Repeats” or “Repeats Itself?”
- “Sang” or “Sung?”
- Too Many Words
- “Without A Doubt?” I Doubt It!
- Words Considered: “Invent” or “Discover?”
- “You” or “I?” Or Something Else?